[Schools Online]<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-t/>

[http://i1.createsend4.com/ei/r/B2/87D/2EA/csimport/chinesedragoninclassNS590x332.144123.115224.jpg]

Host a qualified Chinese teacher for free or at a subsidised rate from September 2014

Bring Chinese language and culture alive for your pupils. Whether you’re introducing Mandarin for the first time or looking to support your current provision, our new funding opportunities offer big financial savings for your school.

From intensive training for Chinese Language Assistants, to online webinars and tailored support for you and your colleagues, the British Council is on hand at each step. Everything we offer helps you get the most out of the hosting experience.

What funding is available?

Fully funded Chinese Language Assistants – apply by 31 January 2014

  *   Funding offered by our partners: HSBC, Hanban (Office of Chinese Language Council International) and the Welsh Government.
  *   There is no cost to schools apart from National Insurance contributions.
  *   Assistants must be shared between three primary and/or secondary schools.
  *   Only state sector schools can apply.

Visit our website<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-i/> for more eligibility criteria and details on how to take part in the competitive application process.

Subsidised Chinese Language Assistants – apply by 28 March 2014

Through our partnership with Hanban, all primary and secondary schools are automatically eligible to host an assistant at a heavily reduced rate.

  *   Schools pay National minimum wage (currently £6.31 per hour plus London weighting if applicable) and National Insurance contributions.
  *   Costs can be further reduced by sharing assistants between up to three primary and/or secondary schools.

Visit our website<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-d/> for more information and to apply (there is no competitive application process).

What are the benefits?

The assistant’s role can be tailored to suit the needs of pupils and teachers to include:

  *   introduction of Chinese history and contemporary culture through creation of lesson plans and teaching materials
  *   support to prepare pupils for exams, including one-to-one speaking practice
  *   development of school’s international dimension through extra- and cross-curricular activities on Chinese language and culture
  *   team-teaching and conversation practice with teachers to develop linguistic and cultural knowledge.

All schools hosting Chinese Language Assistants are eligible for the Foundation level of the International School Award<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-h/>.

We also offer native-level speakers of French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian and Irish.

Visit our website<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-k/> to find out more or contact us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

[Follow Us On]

[Facebook]<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-u/>

[Twitter]<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-o/>

[Vimeo]<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-x/>

Register<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-m/> | Forward to a friend<http://britishcouncil.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-l-2AD73FFF-nuiuily-l-j> | Visit our website<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-c/> | International School Award<http://britishcouncil.createsend4.com/t/r-i-nuiuily-l-q/>

© 2013 British Council
The United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. A registered charity: 209131 (England and Wales) SCO37733 (Scotland)
This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in theis message.

The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are a registered charity; 209131 (England and Wales) SC037733 (Scotland). We create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it. The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.