Charles

I thought that the Online Exhibition formerly known as "IOLIM" had effectively died two years ago when it moved from Olympia to the Victoria Plaza Hotel and discontinued the beloved exhibition with concomitant free exhibition-only tickets. I certainly gave up at that point and have been instead attending Internet Librarian International now (ironically) held In the Olympia Conference Centre but regrettably with far fewer exhibitors' stands (and therefore fewer freebies :( ). Like you Charles, I regarded IOLIM as the absolute zenith of my year (how sad I was) but really it was a damn good event and, having attended it for more years than I care to remember (yes I remember it at Novotel, Hammersmith) shall also sorely miss it.

Roger
British Dental Association Library

From: UKEIG: the UK eInformation Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of CHARLES OPPENHEIM
Sent: 09 January 2014 16:25
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: No more Online Information Meetings

It's just been announced that these meetings (which I always called IOLIM) are no more - the last one was December 2013.  I attended all but two of the events, as a visitor, delegate, exhibitor or speaker, sometimes for just one day, often for the entire conference, starting from the first one in 1977. Lots of memories, mostly happy, some sad (e.g., learning of John Lennon's death from an exhibitor).  Been a fixture of my life.  In its early years, I'd pick up freebies as stocking fillers for my children.  More recently, I picked up freebies as stocking fillers for my grandchildren. End of an era.

[*:( sad]

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim

Consider the environment before printing this e-mail! Save paper by printing only if absolutely necessary

This email may contain confidential information and may be protected by law
as a legally privileged document and copyright work. Neither its content, nor
the name of the addressee, should be disclosed and it should not be given or
copied to anyone other than the person(s) named or referenced above. If you
have received this email in error please contact the sender.