** Do you have rare book or other printed special collections in your institution? **

If so: the Directory of Rare Book and Special Collections in the UK and Republic of Ireland, 3rd edn, would like to hear from you.

The Directory is the first port of call to find out about such collections in the British Isles and an important way for institutions to raise the profile of their collections nationally. If you contributed to the second edition (1997), you will have received an email (or perhaps more than one!) asking you to update your entry and providing details. I should be grateful to hear from any such institution which did not receive such an email. If you did not contribute – for example, if you are a new library, or if you were inadvertently forgotten in 1997 – please, please get in touch with me at [log in to unmask] or see information at www.specialcollectionsdirectory.org.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dr Karen Attar

Editor

Dr Karen Attar

Rare Books Librarian

Senate House Library, University of London

Senate House

Malet St

London

WC1E 7HU

Tel. 020 7862 8472

http://research.sas.ac.uk/search/fellow/516/dr-karen-attar/

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (reg. no. SC041194)