Dear Colleagues,

Here at Birmingham City University we are currently reviewing our enquiry service provision and would like to gain insight into services at other academic libraries, particularly looking at the concept of a single help desk and how this is operated and by whom and also how remote enquiries are managed. Areas such as feedback and evaluation are of particular interest, but we would welcome any information on how your libraries operate this service.

I will post replies after a suitable interval.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Beard
Liaison Librarian, Enquiry Services.