Hello all,

Now that we've been buying e-books for a while we are starting to have
discussions around collection management policy. Should we "weed" our
e-books in the same way that we weed the physical collection, getting rid
of old editions, or titles relating to areas of curriculum no longer
taught? Can we have one policy for this across subject areas when currency
varies in importance by discipline? What about the technical side: just
suppress the catalogue record or remove the link to the e-book?

Could any of you who have had experience with this let me know how your
libraries manage this issue? I tried searching the archives of this list
and didn't see any previous posts on this topic.

Kind regards,
Lynn.

--
Lynn Crothall
Academic Liaison Librarian for the School of Computing and the School of

Library Subject Guides: Business Information
Technology<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services/sas/library-services/subject-help/subjects/bitech/home.cfm>,
Communications Technology<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services/sas/library-services/subject-help/subjects/comtech/home.cfm>
, Computer Games and
Animation<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services/sas/library-services/subject-help/subjects/multimedia/>,
Computing<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services/sas/library-services/subject-help/subjects/computing/home.cfm>,
Mathematics<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services/sas/library-services/subject-help/subjects/mathematics/home.cfm>
, Psychology<http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services/sas/library-services/subject-help/subjects/psychology/>
.
Blogs: School of Computing
Library<http://blogs.londonmet.ac.uk/school-of-computing-library/>
 & School of Psychology Library
(Psycinfology)<http://blogs.londonmet.ac.uk/psycinfology/>
Twitter for Psychology: @psycinfology
Click here to see a regularly updated list of New School of Computing books
in the library<http://londonmet.worldcat.org/profiles/crothall/lists/3128472>
Click here to see a regularly updated list of New Psychology books in the
library<https://londonmet.worldcat.org/profiles/psycinfology/lists/3118692?view=&count=50&se=as&sd=asc&qt=sort_as_asc>

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo

lis-e-resources is a UKSG list - http://www.uksg.org
Follow us on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/UKSG