Dear All,
I am delighted to invite you to the forthcoming cross-cultural seminar at the Centre for the Study of Contemporary Women’s Writing, Institute of Modern Languages Research (IMLR):

Friday, 7 March 2014, 2‐6 pm, room G21a
Senate House, University of London

Translating the Female Body in Contemporary Women's Writing
CCWW Cross-Cultural Seminar

Speakers:

Michela Baldo (Siena, CCWW‐IMLR), ‘Painful Italianness: The Italian‐Canadian and Italian‐American female body translated into Italian’

Emily Spiers (New College, Oxford): ‘Bodies of Work: Intertextuality and Corporeality in Helene Hegemann’s Axolotl Roadkill’

Eliana Maestri (Warwick): ‘Performativity and the Body in Jamaica Kincaid’s Autobiographie de ma mère [Autobiography of my mother]’

Georgina Paul (St Hilda’s, Oxford): ‘Different Frequencies: Translating Women’s Voices into Writing (Cixous, Bachmann, Wolf, Köhler)’

For further details, see http://events.sas.ac.uk/imlr/events/view/15307/Translating+the+Female+Body+in+Contemporary+Women%27s+Writing

ALL WELCOME

Please advise Gill Rye ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) if you plan to attend.

Dr. Emanuela Patti

Institute of Modern Languages Research
School of Advanced Study
University of London