Dear Industrial Heritage friends,

Some of you many be interested in reading a a survey piece I wrote for the book accompanying an exhibition of 20th century British landscape and portrait painter Graham Sutherland's war art, organised by Penlee House Gallery and Museum here in Penzance, and now on show at the National Waterfront Museum in Swansea.

From Darkness into Light was curated by Sally Moss who, with Paul Gough and me, co-authored the book.

Inline images 1
Sutherland was commissioned as an official war artist to document wartime industry, principally in Cornish mines (Geevor) and South Wales iron and steel smelters.

The illustrations are all colour and quite stunning - worth buying the book for those alone!

Links to the preprint of Made in Metal, which you can download, and to buy the book via my blog post:

http://tehmina.goskar.com/2013/12/28/made-in-metal-writing-the-industrial-background-of-graham-sutherlands-war-art/

or go directly to the chapter: http://is.gd/x2W0En

Hope you enjoy it.

Warm wishes,
Tehmina

--
Dr Tehmina Goskar, MA AMA

Heritage Practitioner & Historian -- Industrial Heritage -- Digital Heritage -- Exhibitions -- Museum & Archive Collections
http://tehmina.goskar.com/
Twitter: @tehm

Join the History 51 movement: www.hypatia-trust.org.uk/history51
Read about my research on copper: http://copper.goskar.com/