From: Social Determinants of Health [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Gamsu
Sent: 22 January 2014 17:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SDOH] Final Conference Equity Action

Colleagues

.
Tomorrow is the final conference of Equity Action - a 3 year programme working across 16 EU member states supporting them to tackle health inequalities - focussing on the social determinants of health.

It is really important that we get comments during the day - in particular messages about what we need to focus on to continue to tackle health inequalities

The Conference is in Brussels and over 550 people from across Europe will be attending.

There are a wide range of speakers and panel discussions. Including:

Tonio Borg - Commissioner for Health at the European Commission
Sir Michael Marmot - Institute for Health Equity
Mark Drakeford - Minister for Health - Welsh Government
Zsuzsanna Jakab - Regional Director for Europe WHO

and many others.

If you are not able to attend you can still follow us on twitter @equityaction or through using the hashtag #equityaction

We will also have a live webstream which is:

 https://scic.ec.europa.eu/streaming/index.php?es=2&sessionno=06f7c042b76e4b04f698c75b7b2777ea

Please join us and promote the event - and contribute to the debate through the day via twitter.

Best wishes

Mark Gamsu

Sent from my iPad

Mark Gamsu FFPH
Visiting Professor - Leeds Metropolitan University
07557375028

twitter - @markgamsu
Join me on my blog www.localdemocracyandhealth.com<http://www.localdemocracyandhealth.com>
Phone me free on skype - mark.gamsu5