We would like to encourage participation in a Symposium celebrating the career of Andrew Hynes being held at this years 2014 Fredericton GAC/MAC meeting (May 21st - 23rd).

SY3. Tectonic processes: a Geoscience Canada symposium to celebrate the career of Andrew Hynes
Conveners: Brendan Murphy; Stephen Johnston; Boswell Wing | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]

This symposium celebrates the career of Andrew Hynes. For more than 40 years, Andrew has contributed to fundamental concepts in geosciences, from Archean to present, from mineralogy and petrology, to structural geology, tectonics, geodynamics and geophysics. His research consistently penetrates to the very core of our science, deals with fundamental processes, and devises critical tests to produce novel and plausible insights. By conducting independent, rigorous research on first-order issues, he has been an outstanding mentor and role model for generations of students.  Through his own research and his mentorship of students, his contribution to the geosciences has been immense.  We welcome contributions from all who have collaborated with Andrew, or who have been influenced by his research or his mentorship. Sponsored by: GAC®

The abstract submission website  is now “live” (abstract submission deadline - Feb. 10th).
http://www.unb.ca/conferences/gacmac2014/abstracts/index.html

We look forward to seeing you in Frederiction,

Stephen, Brendan and Boswell