Dear all,
I think previous replies are quite correct to say that without further basic information (lithologies, setting etc) we can't really tell whether the structures shown in Sanjeet's photo are generated by penecontemporaneous deformation or later tectonics.
As noted previously, layer-bound deformation may be created by extreme contrasts in ductility/strength during regional greenschist facies metamorphism - see attached photo 1 from Druguet et al. 2009. Coeval brittle and ductile structures associated with extreme deformation partitioning in a multilayer sequence. Journal of Structural Geology 31, 498-511.

However as Piotr's photo from the Dead sea shows, layer bound deformation may also be created by penecontemporaneous deformation in surficial slumps - see attached photo 2 (from Alsop & Marco 2011 Soft-sediment deformation within seismogenic slumps of the Dead Sea Basin. Journal of Structural Geology 33, 433-457.) By the way - these structures are observed around the Dead Sea Basin and relate to regional seismicity along the Dead Sea Transform rather than localised salt tectonics as suggested by Piotr.

So - the fact that deformation is restricted to individual layers can not be taken as proof of penecontemporaneous deformation.
Thanks
Ian
Professor Ian Alsop
Chair in Structural Geology,