Dear friends and colleagues - greetings and best wishes for 2014.

I would be grateful if you could draw the attached mining/minerals-related PhDs (listed below) to the attention of any top quality students you may have looking for a project. They did not go up on the Imperial website in November by accident, so there is not much time before the application deadline (end January). They would be funded by a successful application by the student to the Earth Science and Engineering bursary scheme and only Home/EU students would normally be eligible. Students should contact me by email with a CV in the first instance.

  1. Do fluid inclusions in gangue minerals represent ore solutions?
  2. Mineral trace element vectors to Zn-Pb mineralization in the Irish orefield
  3. Residence and mobility of metals in the alteration zones of porphyry ore systems

Many thanks,

Jamie Wilkinson

Dr Jamie Wilkinson
Reader in Hydrothermal Geochemistry
Department of Earth Science and Engineering
Imperial College London
+44 (0)20 7594 6415
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Geo-mineralisation is administered by the Mineral Deposits Studies Group (UK) (http://www.mdsg.or.uk)