From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of jenni jibbs
Sent: 10 January 2014 14:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 23 January 2014 - MA and GEM seminar

Hi All,

I don't think GEM or the MA hold a disproportionate amount of their events in London, the last few MA and GEM conferences have all been held in different parts of the country.  Kids in Museums regularly hold their conferences outside of London too. I think as sector wide organisations they seem sensitive to the need to organise events in different parts of the country and it is also great to see museums from across the UK represented at events, wherever they are held.

I am not a Londoner but have worked in the capital from time to time. A few facts about London: there are 250 museums in London alone, even more in the surrounding counties. These museums receive little or no national or ACE funding. They are small and or medium size organisations and are facing the same issues in terms of cuts etc as our colleagues up and down the land.

Best

JJ