Hi All,

This is being sent on behalf of Ceri Jones at the School of Museum Studies, University of Leicester. Please follow the link for further information of how to apply and who to contact for further information.

All the best,
Elee Kirk

Elee Kirk
http://www.eleekirk.com
http://museoscope.com
Museum Educator & Researcher

 * * * * * * * * *

Please find details below for maternity cover for a Research Associate working with RCMG (Research Centre for Museums and Galleries), School of Museum Studies, at the University of Leicester. The post is full time, fixed term until early November 2014. Further details are available from the University’s website, http://www.le.ac.uk/jobs/external/AHL00317_Further_Particulars.pdf.

Best wishes
Ceri Jones
Research Associate, RCMG
School of Museum Studies

Research Associate (Maternity Cover)

Ref
AHL00317
Department
Museum Studies
Job Type
Research
Contract Type
Full Time Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range
£31,644 to £36,661
.
At Leicester we’re going places. Ranked in the top 20 universities in Britain our aim is to climb further. A commitment to high quality fused with an inclusive academic culture is our hallmark and led the Times Higher Education to describe us as “elite without being elitist”.

You will work with the Director of RCMG to provide maternity cover for the RCMG Research Associate. This post is a core and critical position in RCMG.

The post is full time/ job share and requires that you work in the School of Museum Studies for 5 days a week or to travel as required for research projects, dissemination etc. You will be working on team-based, externally-funded research which focuses on the social role, impact and value of museums.

The post involves a full range of research activities from literature reviews, developing research methods, data collection, analysis and interpretation, working papers, report writing, writing summaries, and writing for academic publications. The role also includes the presentation of research findings to diverse audiences through conferences and workshops.

It is essential that you work closely with members of RCMG research teams to ensure research projects are delivered on time to a high quality and that they reflect the values and integrity of RCMG.

Closing date for applications: 27 January 2014

We anticipate that interviews will take place on 6 February 2014.