From: Hall, Kirsty [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 January 2014 09:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: photo consent forms

Good morning,

As I am sure you all do, we ask participants at events to complete photo consent forms. Our current wording is this: " I agree that photographs of myself and my family can be used in publicity material at the Victoria Gallery & Museum. This could include the VG&M website, newspapers, magazines or social media including Facebook and Twitter".

Firstly is this sufficient? And secondly, what do you do with all the forms?! Up until now people have filled out little slips and I have filed them but I am thinking of a table-style format so we can have multiple signatures on one sheet, then perhaps scanning them so I don't need to keep the paper copies?

I have searched the GEM archives for information on photo consent forms but can't find anything more recent than 2010 and with the increase of social media, I thought I should ask for updated responses.

Thank you, kind regards,

Kirsty

Kirsty Hall
Education Officer