Thanks Mike,

I will try oro.nifiti. I did download and install it yesterday. It seems more suited to fMRI than diffusion-weighted (DWI) data. I have finished an FSL TBSS analysis and will try to load the 4D files with oro.nifti... there is also an R dti package but I find it looks quite involved...

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Michael Dwyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Charlie,

I don't have a lot of experience, but I have used the very nice oro.nifti package to do it. One you install that, you can load images as follows:

> require(oro.nifti)
> imgdata <- readNIfTI('timeseries.nii.gz')

Then, although it has other features it will still act like an array. For example, to get the histogram of the whole 3d volume of the first timepoint:

> hist(imgdata[,,,1])

Or for a histogram of the first slice across all timepoints:

> hist(imgdata[1,,,])

Best,
Mike