Thanks Stamatios,

The one 4D diffusion-weighted volume that needs to be reoriented,  needs be virtually flipped over the x-axis.
I used this to correct the orieintation:

 fslswapdim s11.nii.gz  x y -z  s11.nii

It was the -z that seemed to correct the orientation. I assume that I now rerun dtifit and check the V1 (lines) to
verify the direction of diffusion which still should be most strongly directional in  major tracts

Charlie