Dear Mark,

I see you like to make assumptions. So let us assume that I am an high
school student who does not understand a thing about DTI. Moreover I do not
understand the basics of probabilistic tractography. So in order to
understand more I read Diffusion MRI book (edited by Berg and Behrens) and
also papers that deal with different tractography methods. So now I
understand a little bit of tractography but still there are unclear issues
that I would like to clarify with the experts in the field- that is the
reason I contacted FSL community.
If you see the title of my mail it is "Values in matrix1 after probtrackx";
The specific question I have is what those values mean? Probabilistic
tractography aim to quantify uncertainty on the PDD and build a connectivity
distribution. Now if you go and check matrix obtained from network1 option
in probrackx2 you will see that the matrix contain values in the range of
1-1,000,000 and beyond. You mentioned in you last e-mail that: "Uncertainty
in direction at any point in the brain will enhance the uncertainty in the
tractography from that point onwards for any tracks that pass through that
point." How can we learn about this uncertainty from the matrix values?

Indeed at the NIH there are many experts who are always available for
discussion about all aspects of health and science. However, is
FSL/Probtrakcx a NIH application???

Finally I would like to show Timothy Behrens's response to my question :

 "if you have posted it to the FSL list then you should get an answer soon.
It is a very effective community forum.  You will understand that with more
than 5000 users, there is no way I can personally answer every question and
hope to maintain a research career!"

This is the answer from the researcher who is the first author on the
NeuroImage paper from 2007 about probabilistic tractography, and also the
one who wrote the chapter MR diffusion tractography with Saad Jbadi in the
book mentioned above.

Avner