Greetings FSL users/experts,
Sorry for perhaps a "silly" question I had a question in regards to using
MELODIC ICA for denoising of my functional data. I ran it once, deemed what
components were acceptable and which were not visually, and denoised my
filtered.func.data using fsl_regfilt. However, I decided to run melodic
once again on my denoised data just for my own interest. The number of
estimated components decreased, but I still found a couple components to be
"noise" label worthy.
I was just wondering if there was any use to run Melodic more than once for
ICA denoising? From what I've gathered, I don't recall ever once seeing a
mention of MELODIC being run more than once for ICA denoising. I'm assuming
there's a reason NOT TO since like I mentioned, I never seen it mentioned,
but was curious if there would be any benefits.
Thank you.
Paul