Hello Julia,
                     This is probably due to an issue with the -meanvol option which was fixed in FSL 5.0.5. For cases where the parameter files are very different you might want to re-run the analysis to check if it would affect the results.

Kind Regards

Matthew

Dear all,

I've been running one and the same MCFLIRT command in version 4.1.9 and 5.0.6 and find the resulting motion parameters to be very different. The output images look identical though. Now I am wondering about the reason and the impact on analyses involving those parameters?

The command was: mcflirt -in [infile] -out [outfile] -plots -stats -meanvol

You can find the parameter files and plots here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcyxcdpbr2sovpu/WoMJJOHlYc

Many thanks,
Julia