Hi Mark,

I concur with Michael's assessment. If you have proprietary software
(for your backups, etc.), take into account which distros are supported
by your vendors. Likewise for any hardware (fibre channel cards, etc.).
For the major distros this is a level playing field, but it doesn't hurt
to ask.

FWIW, this sysadmin chooses Debian/Ubuntu for the compute grid nodes due
to the ease of installing nearly everything you need through
NeuroDebian. Redhat for the file and backup server because that was the
distro supported at the time by my backup software vendor.

Regards,
Chuck

--
Chuck Theobald