Of interest to those working on emotion/affect.

Begin forwarded message:

From: TIFFANY N Florvil <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [HIST-EMOTION] H-Emotions Launch
Date: 15 January 2014 16:34:11 GMT
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear List Members,

We would like to introduce you to our newly founded H-Net group focused on the study of emotions, H-Emotions.  H-Emotions provides a discussion forum for scholars of the history and culture of emotion, affect, and sentiment.  Emotions scholarship has grown exponentially over the past two decades and has begun to place scholars in a variety of disciplines into conversation with each other.  H-Emotions envisions no chronological or geographical limits because the field itself covers a variety of time periods, locations, and conceptual frameworks.  For that reason, we encourage subscribers from all fields of study throughout the world.

The primary purposes for H-Emotions are: to enable scholars in history, sociology, psychology, philosophy, as well as other disciplines to easily engage with one another in current research; to facilitate discussion on new books, articles, methods, and tools of critical analysis; to explore these issues as they relate to the overall development of the field of emotions and other similar subject matter (affect, the self, the senses, the body, identity, etc.); to collect and circulate materials related to the teaching of emotions studies; and to serve as a clearinghouse for events (conferences, workshops, projects, websites, etc.) dealing with the study of emotions throughout world.  H-Emotions welcomes questions concerning research, literary recommendations, historiographical debates, and the teaching and application of emotions studies.

We encourage you join our group and to familiarize yourselves with our site: https://networks.h-net.org/h-emotions . And when you have something to say, by all means have a go at creating a new discussion post!

We look forward to cultivating a dynamic scholarly group!

Sincerely,

Your H-Emotions Editors and Advisory Board

--
Dr. Tiffany N. Florvil
Assistant Professor

http://unm.academia.edu/TiffanyFlorvil<http://sc.academia.edu/TiffanyFlorvil/About>

"Failure to recognize possibilities is the most dangerous and common mistake one can make.  Don’t limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination.  Never limit another because of your limited imagination."

Mae Jamison

The HISTORY OF EMOTIONS email list is run by the Queen Mary Centre for the History of the Emotions http://www.qmul.ac.uk/emotions

The Centre also hosts the History of Emotions Blog http://emotionsblog.history.qmul.ac.uk/