This is an interesting question.  Though we have 4 people who do regular cataloguing (as opposed to serials and special collections librarians), we only have just over 1 FTE of cataloguing time.  I was responsible for the set-up, training, liaising with systems people etc.  This did take a substantial amount of time, especially over the three months just before "implementation".  However, we found the time by cutting out other projects and making changes elsewhere.  Once the core cataloguers were trained, and the review period was over, then the amount of time I devoted to RDA was substantially reduced.  Apologies for not having any exact figures!

Debbie

Deborah Lee
Senior cataloguer
Book Library
Courtauld Institute of Art
Somerset House
Strand
London WC2R 0RN

Telephone: 020 7848 2905
Email: [log in to unmask]

Coming soon to The Courtauld Gallery

Collecting Gauguin: Samuel Courtauld in the ‘20s

20 June – 8 September 2013