We have one full time equivalent cataloguing here at Aber – two of us .5 each – we’ve both been on some training days. We did a trial of the toolkit for one of the courses and have a few of the workflows available from there but figure we will subscribe when we know more about our LMS plans.

We have given some training out for acquisitions staff and others who use and upgrade records so they know what we’re talking about and can chose RDA over AACR2 where possible.

Amy

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jackie Johnson (Library Services)
Sent: 13 January 2014 10:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] RDA - staff time

Could I ask the possibly sensitive question as to how many staff/much staff time people are devoting to RDA?  We're finding it difficult to do alongside out day jobs as it were, and there are just two of us tackling it at the moment. I'd be interested to hear what's happening elsewhere.

Thanks,

Jackie

Jackie Johnson
Metadata Team Leader