Hi Neil
I wondered if you'd be able to say a bit more about how you've done your post-training review period, as that's something we'll need to do and I haven't considered much as yet.
Thanks
Helen

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nicholson, Neil
Sent: 14 January 2014 14:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Final session - workloads/workflows & summing up

There is no doubt productivity was affected during an intensive period of training for our cataloguers throughout the months of September and October, plus the amount of time planning the training by our RDA Working Group. We have also had a review period post-training to check the original RDA cataloguing undertaken by our cataloguers. We are still trying to catch up!

With the use of templates for different types of material I don't think it does take much longer to catalogue in RDA than in AACR2. On the other hand, and this only affects our senior cataloguers, NACO/SACO  authority work in RDA now takes a bit more time with the amount of detail one can include in an authority heading (in addition to the change in the rule of three).

Neil