Dear All,

           We have obtained many tiny protein crystals in a condition containing 0.1M citric acid pH 3.5, 2M ammonium sulfate. The crystals are too small for mounting in loops.

           We intend to vary the salt concentration & pH to obtain larger crystals.

           Could anyone direct us to some links, or provide us with a method (with calculations) to calculate the amounts of citric acid & trisodium citrate required to obtain buffers in a range of pH 3 - 6.5?
           I have come across online buffer calculators and links where the amounts of the components required are mentioned in grams, but none explaining how those values were arrived at.

Thanks & regards,
sreetama