CALL FOR PLENARY SPEAKER

I would like to appeal to the BARS community for a plenary speaker.

The University of Science, Malaysia is organising a conference to be held in Penang, Malaysia, in November of this year. It will essentially be a three-disciplined affair - linguistics, literature and culture. We need to find three plenary speakers, established scholars who can present a 45-minute lecture which can, ideally, in some way embrace all three areas. One of the plenaries, however, can focus on any aspect of literary studies: eg, a literary approach to notions of linguistics and culture.

Title/Theme of Conference: 'Mapping the Spectrum: Current Perspectives in Linguistics, Literature and Culture' (The Third International Conference on Linguistics, Literature and Culture).
Dates: Mid-late November, 2014.
Venue: Penang, Malaysia.
Institution/Organisers: Universitiy of Science, Malaysia (Universiti Sains Malaysia)

USM are prepared to pay for travel and accommodation costs. Further details will be provided to any interested parties. Please contact me, in the first instance, at the above email address.

Simon Peter Hull,
Senior Lecturer in English,
School of Humanities,
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
Penang 11800,
Malaysia.

British Association for Romantic Studies
http://www.bars.ac.uk<http://www.bars.ac.uk/>

To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Neil Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>

Also use this address to register any change in your e-mail address,
or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html