We are delighted to inform you that delegate registration for Rethinking the Grand Tour: Questioning Cultures of Travel in the Eighteenth Century, an interdisciplinary day conference at the Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies, University of York on 8th March 2014, is now open via our conference website.
A programme for the conference is forthcoming. Further details can be found on the conference website. Confirmed speakers include:
                Professor Simon Bainbridge, University of Lancaster
                Professor Matthew Grenby, University of Newcastle
Professor Rosemary Sweet, University of Leicester
Dr Amy Milka, University of York
Sarah Goldsmith, PhD Student, University of York
Elodie Duche, PhD Student University of Warwick

Thanks to the generosity of the Royal Historical Society, there are a limited number of fee-waiving bursaries for postgraduate and unwaged delegates. If you would like to be considered for a bursary please email a short (max 100 words) statement of need that should be sent to [log in to unmask]  Successful applicants will be notified and their registration fee will be refunded.

We warmly invite you to attend this event, and look forward to what promises to be a stimulating day of papers and discussion.
Warm regards,
Sarah Goldsmith
Conference Organiser

British Association for Romantic Studies
http://www.bars.ac.uk<http://www.bars.ac.uk/>

To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Neil Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>

Also use this address to register any change in your e-mail address,
or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html