As I was thinking about what conferences I might manage to get to this year, a vague memory surfaced of having read somewhere about a sort of social-media approach to advertising and networking around conferences and events.

Having tracked it down, it turned out to be Lanyrd http://lanyrd.com/ - it enables users to post and share conference details, see who is attending or speaking at events, link up with fellow-attendees, put your own details up as a 'speaker for hire', post presentations, etc.

Since list members may find this of interest, I thought I'd mention it here - as examples, I've added details of a handful of upcoming conferences (e.g. ARA, IRMS) tagged with the topics Archives, Recordkeeping, Records Management as appropriate. Anyone signed up to Lanyrd can add events; conference organisers can 'claim' an event someone else has added so that they can have control and add full details.

Regards,