Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Session on wild plant resources in the next EAA meeting in Istanbul 2014

Hello,

do you know if there are museums or projects about online catalogue of plants ?

Thank you
   Marianna Bonina

2013/12/31 Marian Berihuete <[log in to unmask]>
Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting. We are pleased to inform you of the session that will be held in the next EAA meeting in Istanbul (10-14th September 2014). We would be very honoured to receive your paper proposals (https://www.eaa2014istanbul.org/submission_form). Please note that the deadline is the 27th of January 2014.

We would also like to wish you a fruit-ful 2014.

T04 Environment and subsistence: the geosphere, ecosphere and human interaction
T04S001 The exploitation of wild plant resources: methodological, archaeobotanical and ethnobotanical approaches to the identification of their type of management and its social implications

The exploitation of wild plant resources is a well-known and common practice throughout human history. The management of these resources and their processing techniques can be carried out in a variety of scales and ways, which has important social and economic implications. Therefore, finding ways of identifying plant exploitation strategies is a major need in archaeobotanical analyses. The most significant approaches to this topic have been made from waterlogged sites, where the preservation of seeds, fruits and wood remains is exceptional. Studies from sites with good conditions of preservation and of all sorts of plant macroremains are welcome to this session, but it is our particular target to discuss approaches to plant resources from sites with preservation by waterlogging. In this framework, several approaches might be relevant: from archaeobotany to ethnobotany, including experimental work. Methodological papers dealing with the recovery of wild plant remains or their interpretation are equally of interest for the session. As a final aim, it would be desirable to compare different types of social organizations and environments to try to identify and define some models and the relevant socio-economic and environmental variables affecting them. The eventual publication of the papers is intended.

Marian Berihuete (Univ. Hohenheim)
Ferran Antolin (Univ. Basel)
Oriol López (Univ. Autònoma de Barcelona)