Dear Dorian,

This is indeed sad news.  I was fortunate to know David as a colleague in
Turkey, but also in California and England.   Our last meeting was on the
Berkeley campus where he did get his degree and enjoyed visiting, he was
off to seek out a Cyad that he remembered on the campus. I will remember
him best for a wild mountain ride we took seeking wild Triticum in the
Taurus mountains.  It was a stunning trip.

He was engaged and was open to all.

thank you for letting us know.

Christine

--