Do you always try to accept external candidates?

If convenient, yes (i.e. not when we are too busy with our own stuff).

Do you host external candidates only when you have your own exams running?

No.

Do you accommodate external candidates with your own candidates or separate invigilation?

Separate, as the rules and regs are often different

What fee do you charge candidates?

Not telling!

Is the charge per module?

Yes

Do you pass on any additional charges if you are required to invigilate external candidates separately?

Yes

Do you require payment in advance?  On the day?

On the day, or invoice afterwards normally.

Regards

Derek.

Derek Ord

Head of Student Administrative Services

Student Services Directorate

University of Hull

Cottingham Road

Hull, HU6 7RX

www.hull.ac.uk

Skype - derek.ord1

01482 46 5980

I would like to find out what approach other Universities take to requests to host external exam candidates.  Specifically could I ask:

Do you always try to accept external candidates?

Do you host external candidates only when you have your own exams running?

Do you accommodate external candidates with your own candidates or separate invigilation?

What fee do you charge candidates?

Is the charge per module?

Do you pass on any additional charges if you are required to invigilate external candidates separately?

Do you require payment in advance?  On the day?

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Lynne

Lynne Ward

Manager - Learning and Teaching Service

Edith Cavell Hub, Assessments and Quality Review

University of East Anglia

Tel:  (01603) 592217