Dear Zooarchers,

Registration is now open for
our
three-day Understanding Zooarchaeology Short Course, which is taking place
for the
eighth
 time in the Department of Archaeology, University of Sheffield.
It
 is an ideal introductory, or refresher
,
course for anyone with an interest in the field.

When:
7
-
9
th
April
 201
4

Cost : £1
80
/£1
2
0 (student/unwaged)

The course will include lectures, discussion and hands on practical
classes. Participants will begin to develop the skills necessary to:
nderstand the principles of excavating animal bones.
• Care for and store bones after excavation.
• Identify different species from their bones and teeth.
• Age and sex bones.
• Recognize taphonomy, butchery and pathology.
• Understand how zooarchaeological material is analysed and quantified.
• Interpret site reports and zooarchaeological literature.

For further information please see:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/research/zooarchaeology-lab/short-course
You can contact us
at
To register please go to:
http://onlineshop.shef.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=1&deptid=5&catid=40&prodvarid=468

We have had excellent feedback from participants on past courses. Andrew
Lawson, Trainee Biological Curator at Manchester Museum,
who
attended
one of our previous
course
 gives his review in his blog:
http://traineecurator.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/sheffield-zooarchaeology-
training-course/

You can also follow us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheffield-Zooarchaeology-Short-Course/100619023380021?ref=hl

Please forward this information to anyone
who
 you think might be interested.
Apologies
 for cross-posting

Many thanks,

The Zooarchaeology Team, University of Sheffield

--
Umberto Albarella
Department of Archaeology
University of Sheffield
Northgate House
West Street
Sheffield S1 4ET
United Kingdom
Telephone: (+) 44 (0) 114 22 22 943
Fax: (+) 44 (0) 114 27 22 563
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/archaeology/people/albarella
For MSc in Osteoarchaeology see:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/postgraduate/masters/courses-available/osteoarchaeology
For Zooarchaeology short course see:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/research/zooarchaeology-lab/short-course
For Archaeologists for Global Justice (AGJ) see:
http://agj.group.shef.ac.uk/

"only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned
and the last fish been caught we will realise we cannot eat money"