Dear all

I’m Mark, a researcher at Lancaster University and I’m leading a collaborative project called ‘Challenge It – challenging homophobia and homophobic bullying through children’s literature’ which seeks to get new children’s literature published which represents LGBT identities in ‘usualised’ ways.

A fantastic opportunity is available for a talented, experienced author/illustrator to work with the group to create a new book/book series to help us achieve our aims. We are seeking someone who is interested in taking a collaborative approach to creating outstanding children’s literature that happens to be LGBT-inclusive, not something dry, boring and pedagogical. The initial book will be a picturebook. In the first instance, the author/illustrator will also need to be able to work to a tight deadline.

We are offering a generous commission, the chance to work with a number of influential partners from the government, education and charity sectors, and the opportunity to have some real social impacts.

If you are interested, or know somebody who might be, get in touch (preferably off list). Samples of past/current work are desirable.

Best wishes,

Mark McGlashan

Senior Research Associate

Department of Linguistics and English Language

Lancaster University

Lancaster

LA1 4YL

Find me: