I am conscious that the bad decisions on re-use of Starlink
document numbers happened on my watch - profound apologies!  I
recall entertaining private doubts at the time but was *somehow*
persuaded that it was best.  There were definitely arguments in
favour, but I now can't imagine what they were.  I think the main
difference between then and now was that the issue was entirely
local to the Project and the possibility of the documents being
part of a globally accessible filing system was not considered.

Patrick Wallace
RAL Space                                            +44-1235-531198
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Oxford
Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QX, UK         [log in to unmask]

Scanned by iCritical.