Hello Emily,

I will confess to no specific experience with Marbar. However, for second level analysis, oyu still need the files from the first level analysis, which are the inputs for the statistics.

You can change the file paths by loading the SPM.mat file into matlab (with the folder with the analysis as you current directory, type: load SPM). Then you can change the variable names inside the SPM file as you would any other matlab variable.

So, SPM.xY.P = 'newfilepath/name'

Check if the path names are cells (don't have spm right now to check), and if so, enclose the string in { } .

If your boss only gave you the images from the 2nd level analysis, and not the con and beta files from each participant, than they did not give you enough info, I believe. There is a big limit on what you can achive without the subject info.

I hope that was helpful. Welcome to the exciting world of fMRI and SPM, and good luck!
Colin