All,

Thanks to those who have sent info on this to the list.

As has been said, I'm a UK member (together with Zoe Smyth) of the ISO working group created to be responsible for the revision of ISO 15489, and (as a member of the BSI Records Management Committee) chairing the panel that is producing the UK responses.

I wrote an article with the background to the revision which appeared on

the Archives & Records Association (ARA) website on the 10th October and

is available here:

http://www.archives.org.uk/si-rmg/news-and-events.html

This also appeared in ARA's ARC Magazine for November 2013 (No.291), and

in the IRMS Bulletin for November 2013 (No.176).

Since the article was written we have completed putting together a panel

and it includes representatives from ARA, IRMS, AIIM, the National

Archives, as well as Julie McLeod from the University of Northumbria,

Alan Shipman, Zoe Smyth and myself. I believe we have a good mix of

the UK records management world - national and local government, and the

private sector, but there is always the opportunity to get involved.

On the 7th November we got the draft which was written followed the

discussion at the June meeting.

We have been reviewing the draft and just collating our comments - these

are due back with the project leaders at the start of January. There

is a further meeting of the ISO working group at the end of January

in The Hague which Zoe and I will be attending.

This is an early draft and there was a need for a quick turnaround for

comments - a panel offers the best way to make sure we have a good range of views. There will be public consultation with later drafts. In

the meantime, let me know if you'd like to get involved. there is still comsiderable work to be done.

Regards,

Rod