Hi folks

And for any of you in the Americas:  I’ll be running two one day workshops, one for realist evaluation and one for realist review, in Canada in mid February.  Watch this space for dates and details!

Cheers

Gill

From: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Justin Jagosh, Mr
Sent: Wednesday, 18 December 2013 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: upcoming Realist Review Workshops at the University of Liverpool

Hi Folks,

This is a preliminary notice that I'll be hosting a 1.5 day Realist Methodology workshop at the University of Liverpool in late February or early March 2014. I am still in the process of finalizing the dates however we are currently anticipating that it will take place either in the week of February 24th or March 3rd.

In terms of the workshop format, Day 1 will begin with an three-hour introductory workshop in the afternoon for those new to realist review or who are seeking a refresher. Day 2 will comprise of a day-long session for those who seek to share their on-going work or proposals, network with other realist reviewers, and delve more comprehensively into the application of the methodology for particular research topics. Day 2 is meant to be interactive -- to support cross-fertilization of ideas and share challenges and insights from those who are thinking about doing, or who are currently conducting realist evaluations or syntheses.

Participants will be encouraged to register for both days, but can attend either, depending on need.

The firm dates, fees and registration process will be put together in a flyer that we'll send out in early January. Please disseminate to those who you think might be interested in attending.

thank you,
Justin Jagosh

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Jagosh, Ph.D
Director, Centre for the Advancement of Realist Evaluation and Synthesis
Liverpool Reviews and Implementation Group (LRiG)
University of Liverpool
phone (in Canada) 1-604-822-3814

Old Position:
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Post-Doctoral Fellow
Centre for Participatory Research at McGill (PRAM)
Department of Family Medicine
McGill University

Current Office and Mailing Address:
Room 426 - School of Population and Public Health
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, CANADA