I've a piece in Aeonmag online today about modelling and science (and policy).

I mention this partly for shameless self-promotion, but also because it is an attempt to communicate some aspects of contemporary scientific process which can be hard to find space for in regular news media - so might interest some here from that point of view?

Aeon is known to have a relatively civilised comment space, so if anyone here wants to join in if any discussion develops, that would be great too.

http://aeon.co/magazine/world-views/should-we-trust-scientific-models-to-tell-us-what-to-do/

Jon Turney

Science writer, editor, lecturer.

www.jonturney.co.uk

twitter: jonWturney

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com