Dear PSci-Commers,

Since 1825 the CHRISTMAS LECTURES at the Royal Institution (Ri) have been part of the Christmas landscape for those of us with an interest in science. I’m guessing that a fair few people on this list have even sat in the audience. Perhaps one or two have given the lectures?

This year ‘I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here!’ has been working with the Ri to create a special CHRISTMAS LECTURES Zone that means everyone, from anywhere in world, can be a part of Alison Woollard’s lectures on the Life Fantastic.

Anyone and everyone (you, family and friends, colleagues, students...) can put your questions to Alison, her lab team and a wider group of development biologists at xmaslectures.imascientist.org.uk. We’re also inviting teachers to bring their students online in the new year.

The site is taking general questions now, and the answers will start to be published from the broadcast of the first lecture 'Where do I come from?' at 8pm on BBC Four on 28 December. ‘Am I a mutant?’ will air on the 29 December and the series will end with ‘Could I live forever?’ on 30 December. If you miss the broadcast you can catch up on BBC iPlayer or on the Ri Channel.

Please also spread the word to your networks. It is a great opportunity to see how a TV broadcast can lead to more in-depth dialogue. As always there’s a twitter hashtag – follow the lectures at #xmaslectures.

For more information about the 2013 CHRISTMAS LECTURES please visit www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures/2013-life-fantastic

Life is fantastic and full of questions. What will you ask?

Rosie

--
Rosie Schultz
Project Manager

www.imascientist.org.uk
www.imanengineer.org.uk
www.gallomanor.com

[log in to unmask]">email:[log in to unmask]
tel:01225 326892
fax:08707 627451

7-9 North Parade Buildings
Bath
BA1 1NS

Gallomanor Communications Ltd.
Registered in England & Wales, No. 03980700.
Registered Address: Duckmead Cottage, Farleigh Wick, Bradford-on-Avon, BA15 2PU

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com