> At long last I am delighted to launch the open access Case Studies in the Use of Design Practice by PhD Researchers (DPR Case Studies) web site

Dear Mark,
congratulations on your achievement. I am currently doing a lit review of case studies as both a research method (for generating and analysing research data) and a teaching method (exemplars for classroom discussion, and simulations and games for practical learning – historically based on Harvard Law case studies)

I have Robert Yin’s books on case study method and examples, and another French author whose name escapes me as I type. Other than that, it will be a google search and reference list search.
Do you have a theoretical or practical rationale for why you are calling them case studies, and/or can you and any any other listers recommend methodological or pedagogical literature on case studies?
cheers, teena