Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:15:10
This message was forwarded through MEDSOCNEWS.
If you wish to make an announcement or publicise
an event then please send the text to:
You can follow us on twitter @MedSocNews

We would like to invite you to the inaugural meeting of the Yorkshire Medical Sociology Group

Monday 24th February 2014, 13:00- 17:30

Lecture Theatre 1, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield

Keynote speaker: Professor Mary Dixon-Woods speaking on “Knowing about patient safety: how hard can it be?”

The Yorkshire region has seen an influx of renowned Medical Sociologists and the growth of a vibrant community in recent years. As a result we have decided to form a special interest group as part of the activities of the British Sociological Association. This will be our first meeting. At this meeting we aim to have a lively discussion with an opportunity to network with colleagues across the region. We will also be giving some of our early career researchers an opportunity to present their work. We also plan to have a workshop to discuss the future of the group, to set out its remit and ethos.

Further details of the programme: http://www.britsoc.co.uk/media/61237/North_Yorkshire_MedSoc_240214%20Flyer.pdf

Registration: In order to cover our costs and to help with future meetings the following charges will apply: £15 for BSA Members, £20 for Non-members, £10 for BSA Concessionary members and £15 for Non-member students.
To register: http://portal.britsoc.co.uk/member/event/eventBooking.aspx?id=EVT10322

Sent on behalf of Barry Gibson. [log in to unmask]
Reader in Medical Sociology, Head of Unit of Dental Public Health, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield

1. For general enquires or problems with the list or to CHANGE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS send a message to:
2. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example,
send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:
set medsocnews nomail
3. To resume email from the list, send the following message:
set medsocnews mail
4. To leave MedSocNews, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message (leave the subject line blank and do not include a signature):
leave medsocnews
5. To join or subscribe to MedSocNews, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message (leave the subject line blank and do not include a signature):
SUBSCRIBE medsocnews firstname lastname
6. Further information about the medsocnews discussion list (including
list archive and how to subscribe to or leave the list) can be found
at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medsocnews.html