Hi Meg,

Have you seen the digital reconstruction of St. Andrews Cathedral as it would have appeared in 1318? It's one of several digital reconstructions from the Open Virtual Worlds group at the University of St. Andrews. For the full experience you must create an account on their server and have installed a virtual-world browser. They have one available for download, which may require a Microsoft Kinect in order to function properly (n.b., I haven't tried this myself).
http://virtualworlds.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/cathedral/index.php

If you don't care to install the necessary application, you could simply look at a video tour of the digitally reconstructed church:
http://blogs.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/openvirtualworlds/reconstructions/st-andrews-cathedral/

Phil Feller