Dear MeCCSA and MeCCSA-PGN list members,

The aim of the postgraduate network (PGN) is to bring together postgraduate students in media, communication and cultural studies from a variety of institutions and cultural backgrounds to form research and learning networks and to provide peer support.

We hope to do this by having a more physical and local presence at universities. We are currently recruiting PGN representatives at a number of institutions across the UK. We currently have reps in London, Sussex, Liverpool, Birmingham, Norwich, Nottingham, Stirling, Huddersfield and Bath. If you currently do not have a PGN rep at your university, please consider promoting this opportunity to postgraduate students in your School or Department.

In Spring, we will be launching our new regional seminar series titled ‘Challenges and Changes in…’. Each region will address a current issue, for example:

Challenges and Changes in Academic Publishing

Challenges and Changes in Gender and Media

Challenges and Changes in Peripheral Communities

Challenges and Changes in Research Methods

Challenges and Changes in Teaching Media & Cultural Studies

We would welcome any support from faculty or postgraduate students who would be interested in contributing to these events. Following our regional events, we will also be hosting our 2014 Annual Conference at the University of Leeds on 24th-25th June – please consider submitting a paper!

Finally, we have just published our latest Networking Knowledge Journal that you can read online here: http://ojs.meccsa.org.uk/index.php/netknow/issue/view/30/showToc

We would also like to encourage Postgraduate students to join us on Facebook (MeCCSA PGN network) and Twitter (MeCCSA-PGN). If you have any questions about any of our activities, please contact our outreach officer, Emma Duester, via email: [log in to unmask]).

We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Rachel, Charlotte, Saeed, Samuel, Irene and Emma.

Chair: Rachel Tavernor, University of Sussex

Secretary: Charlotte Barlow, University of Liverpool

Communications: Irene Baena-Cuder, University of East Anglia

Journal Editor: Samuel Ward, University of Nottingham

Outreach: Emma Duester, Goldsmiths University

Training: Saeed Hussain, Birmingham City University