Dear Colleagues,

We're finally beginning our Trailer Audience Research project!

While this is the first stage in what is hopefully a much larger study, I would be much obliged if you would take a moment to complete/circulate the survey below.

It's only short, and seeks to frame our understanding of audience interaction with trailers. Incredibly, this kind of research is largely overlooked, and much needed.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/traileraudienceresearch1

We invite you to forward and share it with friends and social networks. Though we're beginning modestly, we're looking for statistically significant numbers of participants.

On behalf of Dr. Keith M. Johnston, Dr Frederick Greene, and myself, I thank you in anticipation for your participation!

Best,

Ed Vollans

Dr. Frederick Greene, Visiting Assistant Professor, UCLA Dept of Theater, Film & TV www.movietrailers101.com

Dr. Keith M. Johnston, Senior Lecturer School of Film, Television & Media Studies, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK www.keithmjohnston.blogspot.com

Ed Vollans, Doctoral Candidate, School of Film, Television & Media Studies, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK