*With apologies for cross posting*

Drawing Room is the only public, non-profit gallery in the UK and Europe dedicated to the investigation and presentation of international contemporary drawing.
In October 2013 Drawing Room launched Outset Study - a free, open access research hub comprising a growing reference library of books on contemporary international drawing, Drawing Room publications and a programme of events and exhibition displays.

We are now looking for a volunteer to assist with our library services.  The volunteer will have the opportunity to gain experience in a number of aspects of library management, as well as experience of working closely with our curators and gallery team to deliver an ambitious exhibitions and events programme.

Areas of work:

- Basic cataloguing
- Publication exchanges
- Assisting with stock management and acquisitions
- Library enquiries
- Assisting with book club sessions, library events and displays
- Assisting with education and outreach

Person specification:

- An interest in art librarianship, information management and contemporary art
- The ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- PC literate
- Flexibility to attend events on occasional evenings
- Minimum of 1 day per week, 3 month commitment

Further information:

Deadline:  11am Tues 14 January 2014
Interviews: Tues 21 January 2014
Start: January 2014

Expenses:

We are able to cover expenses for travel within London. There is also potential for additional paid work on Saturdays.

For further information please contact the Study Librarian, Yamuna Ravindran, at [log in to unmask]