Dear Lauren, Chris and other list members.

Having checked with my colleagues responsible for the IEEE's relationships with discovery vendors I am pleased to report that EBSCO does have rights to use ALL IEEE metadata for discovery purposes.

The below chart represents the IEEE content that should be indexed in EBSCO’s Web Scale Discovery Service known as EDS. EDS does have rights to the entire Xplore Digital Library backfile (which encompasses all digitized archival records) for all IEEE periodicals and magazines, including Spectrum and Proceedings of the IEEE. They also do have this same coverage for IEEE Conference Proceedings. Additionally, they are including the Standards Online Collection beginning with standards published from the year 2000 forward.

If you have discovered any gaps in the coverage please do bring specific examples to our attention and we will work with IEEE and EBSCO on the issue.

As a result of my original post on the list one UK university library has pointed out some issues with the way in which EBSCO have been handling IEEE Conference records. IEEE are currently investigating and as a result will issue revised best practice on how to ensure our discovery service functions in the best possible way. Content Online Ltd will post an update to the list as soon as we get one from IEEE and EBSCO on this issue.

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!

Steven.

Organization
Product Description
IEEE Content Indexed
EBSCO
EDS EBSCO Discovery Service™(EDS) — The fundamental element of the complete solution, providing the most comprehensive collection of searchable data
·         Deep Legacy Backfile-present
·         IEEE All Society Periodical Package (ASPP)
·         IEEE Spectrum Magazine
·         IEEE Proceedings of the IEEE
·         IEEE Conference Proceedings Package (POP ALL)
·         IEEE Standards Online (ISOL) ALL