On 12/3/13 8:14 PM, Maarten Litmaath wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>> Can you try a solution like this   :
>> - yum remove gridsite-libs
>> - disable all EMI repos
>> - yum install gridsite gridsite1.7-compat
>> - re-enable EMI repos
>> - install EMI ui or EMI wn
>
> That recipe may provide helpful information, but we cannot propose this
> as the solution for the WN, whose installations are done through fabric
> management systems (for a UI this might be tolerable).
>
>> The EPEL package provides a compatibility layer for gridsite 1.7, it
>> should completely replace the need of the gridsite version of EMI in
>> theory.
>
> There are other EMI-2 products depending on particular GridSite rpms;
> we would need to have them all tested with changed sets of rpms;
> since EMI-2 is already in the security support phase, we do not want
> to go through such a "re-certification" at this stage.  Instead,
> I think we should discover what were the last installable versions
> of the UI and the WN, and update the EMI-2 repos as needed so that
> those versions will work out of the box...
as I mentioned  I have available the previous/last-installable versions
of gfal packages.
I will do some testst these days to understand what is the minumum
number of packages that should be put back in EMI 2 repos, for SL6. As
there are no issues with the EMI-2/Sl5 version I will not touch those repos.

Cristina

--
Cristina Aiftimiei
Ist. Naz. di Fisica Nucleare - Padova