Well, I think there are a couple of separate things in that. I think
that we decided that the DPM webdav interface's implementation of
permissions is OK, in that it appears to correctly enforce the permissions
that are set on the files.

Whether those permissions are set to what the VOs expected them to be,
is a whole other kettle of fish.

> Having said that, it does seem the default for DPM sites - so the problem
> is at the DPM level.

Or at the VO level for not specifying them to be something else.

Ewan