Dear Metamorphic Community,

I'm working on the Nahuelbuta Pluton that is a part of the Coastal Batholith in southern Chile. I would like to know the emplacement mechanism. The Nahuelbuta Pluton covers the area of 130 km (N-S) por 45 km (E-W) and is composed of Diorites to Granodiorites due to on ongoing subduction. The dioritic to granodioritic rock are metaluminous. The outcrop conditions due to the rain fall are not so good. It is not possible to map an area in detail. The microstructures of the intrusive rocks are deformed in a magmatic to submagmatic way. The quartzes do not show any kind of recrystilisation. The host rock are a turbiditic sequence that is distal to the source area and is composed of pelitic to psammopelitic rocks that have a lower greenschist fazies metamorphism before the emplacemente of the pluton. Has anyone worked on a pluton of this size? I'm grateful for any kind of reference to the emplacemente mechanism for a pluton of this size.
Previously I've worked on the Rieserferner Pluton in the Alpes where I found a good modell for the emplacemente. But this pluton is rather small.

kind regards, André

--
Prof. Dr. André Steenken

Universidad de Concepción