Roy

This is a story that certainly has a ring of familiarity to it. Great news about the “new” cotterite. Am I right in thinking that prior to your investigations only four specimens of cotterite were known to reside in collections. In which case does the one in the National Museums Scotland and this new discovery bring the total up to 6?

Unfortunately we have no killinite (Spodumene) from this locality. We do have a couple of specimens that have a chalybite label but I will need to get the specimens out to see if there are any handwritten labels. The register records no donor but they are old museum specimens (probably pre-1855).

Cheers

Peter Davidson

Senior Curator of Minerals

National Museums Collection Centre